The Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is a health insurance scheme launched by the Government of Gujarat on 4th September 2012. It was initially launched only to cater to people who fall under the lowest income groups of the state i.e. Below Poverty Line (BPL). However, later iterations of MA Yojana extended benefits to lower-middle-class families as well. This is a holistic health insurance scheme that pays for the entire cycle of a medical contingency, from diagnostic tests to post-hospitalization care. The Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya is truly a boon for those in need.
Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya is a prime example of a health scheme that is created truly for the benefit of the people. Here are the features of the plan:
1) The beneficiary of the scheme does not have to pay any amount for enrolment or as insurance premium. This is a 100% state-funded scheme.
2) ASHA workers that help BPL families to register under the scheme are given Rs. 100/- per family as an incentive.
3) Mega and General Health Camps are conducted on district levels with the help of both – private and government-empaneled hospitals on a monthly basis.
4) Dedicated data centers and servers are used to store and manage data with the help of an IT agency called (n)Code Solutions.
5) Fully paperless processes like claims and other services.
6) International Society for Quality in Healthcare accredited services that pay 10% more than the package rates to hospitals.
7) Empanelment of both – private and public/trust/Grant-In-Aid hospitals to encourage healthy competition.